Who We are
The Somalia Gender Hub aims to advance studies and the provision of data and evidence on gender and the situation of women in Somalia by:
- Comprehensively compiling and cataloguing available data and information on gender and women’s rights in the Somali regions and making it easily accessible on one online site.
- Undertaking research to address identified strategic gaps in data and evidence on gender and women’s rights.
- Providing training, capacity building and networking opportunities for researchers and scholars focusing on gender and women’s rights.
- Supporting advocacy and sensitization work on gender and women’s rights through the provision of robust data and evidence.
- Local embedding: the Hub will endeavor to embed itself in local knowledge networks and structures. It will work with Somali universities to set up gender studies programs, and cooperate with other research institutions in Somalia.
To create a rich online reserve of data and research on gender and women’s rights; to build a hub for sharing knowledge, experience and history; and to be the main reference point for experts, researchers, policymakers, advocates and the public on gender equality and women’s rights
The Somalia Gender Hub is a leading and influential center for research on gender and Somali women, which drives collaboration and research and result in improved outcomes for Somali women