The Hub supports and undertakes research projects in key policy areas in collaboration with civil society and research institutions. Priority areas currently identified for research include:
- Sexual and gender-based violence and the relationship of this to the cultural and legal systems in Somalia.
- The progress of women in STEM (science, technology, engineering and mathematics) in the Somali context and how this relates to their engagement in work.
- How women are using ICT and social media for empowerment and to initiate dialogue and awareness-raising on the issues facing them.
- A gender analysis of the Somali government’s budget-making process.
- The impact of elected women leaders on policy and law.